[Evolution] [Fwd: Re: updated app schemas?]

Hi ldap developers,

Just found this on the Openldap list.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

All the world is mad, exceptin thee and me
and even thee's a little queer

e-post:         tonni billy demon nl
www:            http://www.billy.demon.nl
--- Begin Message ---
Brian K. Jones wrote:

PS - Why shouldn't I modify a published schema if the published schema is conceived with faulty or lacking standard-compliance?

You can make the publisher of the schema aware of the issues. But you SHOULD NOT change this schema since you would cause incompabilities with software relying on flaws in the schema. Well, I also consider officePerson, evolutionPerson and mozillaPerson to be rather flawed => I'd recommend not to use them.

Guess I'll join the general list for this.

Yupp. See you there.

Ciao, Michael.

--- End Message ---