RE: [Evolution] "Alarms for past events" bug still present in 1.2.2

Now we are getting somewhere. But I have a cold, so be aware that I
really don't know what I'm talking about :-).
It looks like your machine has a wired setup.
Your date output shows UTC ("Coordinated Universal Time") time, but it
should be CET, or Warsaw time.
        nie mar 2 16:19:22 UTC 2003 Open calendar

Quote from : What is Universal Time?
One can think of UT1 as being a time determined by the rotation of the
Earth, over which we have no control, whereas UTC is a human invention.

And therefore UTC is highly suspect able to any kind of manipulation
:-).

Now it seems that your libc gets a different time zone since the
midnight calculation is of by one hour.
        Queue midnight refresh Sun Mar  2 23:00:00 2003

I can replicate this easily by using either the wrong TZ environment
variable or the wrong localtime file.

So first you must correct your setup. If the date program shows the
correct timezone (CET) and time and evolution... shows the correct
midnight time, i.e next morning 00:00:00 your setup is ok. All of this
is a combination out of environment variable, hardware clock (UTC or
not), systemtime, and the localtime file (commonly in /etc).

What I do not understand is this:
evolution-alarm-notify-Message: Callback time to save Sun Mar  2
15:35:00 2003
 1046619300
evolution-alarm-notify-Message: Callback time to save Sun Mar  2
16:57:34 2003
 1046624254

How did it get back an hour or where did the alarm come from.  It seems
to be the org. alarm and then the snooze, but why is there the one hour
diff that your system has wrong in it's setup.
Most likely this will also correct itself after you have the corect
setup, since the time is convert here from a string into system time and
then system time is used for the snooze calculation (haven't looked at
the code, just a guess).  This is why the alarm didn't trigger, it was
set to the past, but when you looked again it was found to have not
triggered by the missed alarms (i.e. set between Feb 11 22:00 and Mar 2
16:50)

To summarize, correct your setup try again and let me know.

Ronald