Re: [Evolution] Check for new mail at startup

But that only works for imap ben :)

On Mon, 2003-03-03 at 09:05, Benjamin Kahn wrote:
Dave,
      This is not an official Ximian answer even though I happen to work for
Ximian.  This is how I make Evolution check for new mail when it starts:

I have a vfolder defined like this:

      Name:  New Mail
      Rule: (if any criteria are met)
              Status is not Read
              Date received is 5 hours ago
      Sources: specific folders only:
              (All folders I might get new mail in)

      Then I always quit while reading this vfolder.  (Not as hard as it
seems -- it's the folder/vfolder I use most often.)  If you don't want
to always quit in this vfolder, you can start evolution like this:

      evolution "evolution:/VFolders/New Mail"

When Evolution starts, it will automatically popular this vFolder and
display new mail which has come in.