Re: [Evolution] HELP - (1.2.2) "leave msgs on server" causing unlimited dloads

Yeah this is a known issue.  Its usually that your server isn't
publishing the capability to do UIDL which is what we do to determine
the uid's of messages on the server.  The 1.0.x code just assumed it was
there.  We applied a patch, i _think_ for 1.2.3 which will re-check for
uidl even if the server doesn't say it does it.

However, there is fallback code which SHOULD work anyway - very slowly -
but it should work, although the first time you run it it will download
everything again.  For two identical messages, are there any differences
in the headers?  e.g. some header which is changing every time you do a
download.  Or maybe the fallback code has been broken by other patches

Note that with the fix in, you will probably again have to dl everything
as the uid-downloaded cache will contain stale data.

FWIW, POP isn't really designed for anything other than download and
delete ...