Re: [Evolution] Palm and Evolution

On Sat, 2003-03-01 at 13:57, Richard S. Crawford wrote:
I'm researching my next handheld to purchase, since my aging Palm Pilot
Vx is starting to show its age.  I've narrowed my choices down to the
Palm Tungsten or the Sony Clie SJ30.

The most important requirement, of course, is that my next handheld
should talk happily to Linux, particularly Evolution.

Any thoughts or suggestions from anyone?

I've tried to synchronize a Palm V (serial and serial-over-usb adapter)
and a Clie 610C. Both are rather difficult to get going at a hardware
level, but it's straightforward enough if you read the documentation. My
current set up of Palm V over serial-over-usb only works with
pilot-xfer, no gpilotd.

In my experience, no synchronization process with Evolution involved
works worth a damn; not only is the configuration challenging, but once
it's done the synchronization doesn't work. Duplicate records are the
norm, except when it gets confused and deletes everything instead. This
is still the case with Evo 1.2.

So my vote is to synchronize with jpilot and wait for gnome-pilot and
evolution-conduits to mature.
--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...