Re: [Evolution] Help, evo 1.2 -> 1.4 What happened with keys?
- From: Mark Gordon <mtgordon ximian com>
- To: Jeffrey Stedfast <fejj ximian com>
- Cc: Roland Orre <orre bacon su se>, evolution lists ximian com
- Subject: Re: [Evolution] Help, evo 1.2 -> 1.4 What happened with keys?
- Date: 26 Jun 2003 11:43:02 -0400
- Emacs is not native to Unix. It's native to ITS.
- vi is native to BSD specifically, though it's pretty universal at this
point. Of course, vi fanatics are probably still using mutt.
- ed was the original official Unix editor, but ed sucks.
- Propeller-C, Propeller-V, and Propeller-X were habits I first picked
up from Macs in the mid-eighties. Apple may have gotten it from Xerox
PARC for all I know (cf. Ecclesiastes 1:9 <- obligatory Biblical
reference, since this is a discussion of editors, i.e. a religious war).
Granted, Propeller != Ctrl, but I still tend to think of this as more of
a Mac thing than a Windows thing.
On Thu, 2003-06-26 at 10:58, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
It's possible that the evolution developers are not *nix people
or it's possible that they are not using evolution (at least not
1.4) themselves. *nix people don't accept the crappy editing
style contaminated from the Windoze environment (at least when
having a choice).
] [Thread Prev