Re: [Evolution] Wanted feature (signature at the top)

I just have a proposition for future release of evolution.

The signature is always at the bottom of emails. This is a problem for
replied emails. At least in France, most people add correspondance at
the top of the mail. So the signature will be better placed at the top
of the mail with 2 empty lines to be able to type the reply.

Nope.

The signature is at the bottom. No discussion at all here. There is a
special marker to identify signatures and make automatic removals
possible.

What you do want, though, is some method to customize the string
currently hardcoded and displayed at the top. *Please*, do not call that
signature, as it is not.

There has been a ridiculous discussion about  replying and top- vs.
bottom-quoting -- which led me to an idea of customizing the string at
the bottom and even setting the cursor. That would exactly give you the
option to do what you just described, does it?

You can see my comments in the archives:
 http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution/2003-February/027293.html

For the thread see:
 http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution/2003-February/thread.html

This was discussed and considered, although I do not know anything about
the status. Maybe Anna knows more, if she listens.

I know that this is not wanted by anybody so, if this can be an option,
this will be great.

This *is* wanted by others, as long as you do *not* call it signature
but customized header... ;-)

...guenther