[Evolution] Calendar View Question - NOT the one about sliding the task pane so you can see it!

I dont use the calendar much, so I hadn't noticed this before last night.
In 1.2, I could pick the month view and get the whole month (and only that
month) showing in the windo with my tasks/appointments showing (same for
week view, day view).  When I tried to do this last night, the calendar
view never changed -  it always showed 6 months, but just highlighted the
days of the week, the month, etc, when I chose a different view.

I have appointments entered, and for days that have appointments, the day
number is bold, but there is no way for me to find out what the appointment
is.  Double clicking the day does nothing, and, as stated above, changing
the view doesnt change the view.

Is this a bug, or am I missing some library?  I upgraded from 1.2 via
red-carpet on a Mandrake 9.1 machine, and now I think I am running
1.4-ximian6.6 (there was an update just a couple of days ago).  I run Evo
from KDE, but as far as I know, all the Gnome libs are there since
everything else functions -  I can even send/receive POP mail without a
problem via dial-up!

Thanks,
Robert