Re: [Evolution] How to disable imap message cache?

On Tue, 2003-06-24 at 23:15, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
Hi guys,

I've got a few computers I work with that all run Evolution and I access
my mail via IMAP.

I think message headers are being cached by evolution and I'd like to
disable this, or change the way a cache flush takes place. Right now if
I were to mark a read message as "unread", it does not show up as such
in the other Evolution's running on other computers.

That's not header caching, that's _flag_ caching. The important
difference being that while the IMAP protocol explicitly allows header
caching (which is an important optimisation), it has no support for
caching of _flags_, which is less important.

An IMAP client which caches flags is buggy; unfortunately I know of no
way to turn this off in the Evolution back end at the moment.

The only way for
the others to see these kind of changes is by restarting the program. I
prefer leaving the programs running 24/7 and have them be in sync at all
times.

You can also do it by going offline and back online again -- which isn't
necessarily much more convenient than closing and restarting,
admittedly.

--
dwmw2