Re: [Evolution] Mail deliveries delayed then failing since moving evo/connector 1.4

On Sun, 2003-06-22 at 11:23, Not Zed wrote:
Do you have any other issues, such as hanging and the like?  Is your
sent folder on exchange?

There are a couple of filed bugs related to these, although i'm not sure
of the status of them.

On Fri, 2003-06-20 at 22:20, Paul Hands wrote:
> Hi Ximian folks,
>
> Since installing evolution and connector 1.4, I get a lot of
> deliveries delayed, and later, failing.  It happens sort of randomly,
> but often to the Ximian mailing lists, or direct to Ximian people, as
> well as other addresses elsewhere.
>
> I changed my mail sending setup from exchange to smtp on the same
> server.  I then  placed 4 emails which were delayed (more than 12
> hours) and 1 which had failed in the outbox again.  I did a
> send/receive and they showed up in the Ximian lists something under an
> hour later, including the previous failure. One to another recipient
> got a confirmation response inside 10 minutes.
>
> The only changes are to the version of evo and connector and my work
> around of changing to smtp from an outgoing exchange connection.  I
> don't know what, if any, impact the smtp change will make.
>
> I don't know where to begin debugging this.  I don't think I have
> enough data for a bug report, yet. Any suggestions?
>
> Paul

Hi,

Yes, I do have issues with the tool hanging.  In my case, it's usually after a long time (over the weekend or similar).

My sent folder is currently a local one, although the delivery fails occurred when it was an exchange folder as well.

I haven't done what I'd consider to be good testing on this yet, as there are a lot of variables.

I'll see if I can find the already filed bugs in bugzilla.

Thanks,

Paul