[Evolution] On open, select message

Has anyone found a way to make evolution open with having the first (or
*any*, for that matter) message selected and opened?  When my evolution
opens up, the last folder I was in is selected, but no messages are.
Usually, after I start evolution, I press F9 to get new messages, but
then I have to hit tab a bunch of times, or I have to use the mouse to
select the first message.  It would be really cool if a message was
already selected because then I could use the "[" and "]" keys to move
to the next unread message.

Skip