Re: [Evolution] Evolution for Debian

On Sat, 2003-06-21 at 01:36, Stefan Frehse wrote:

What about a Debian {Woody,Sid} Release of Evolution 1.4?

Hi, my two cents.

I've faithfully preferred Ximian packages over Debian ones (as in
"Official Debian repositories and mirrors") since Ximian released their
GNOME packages as Ximian Desktop, and I've kept them updated fixing
conflicts with other Debian packages. That was good, in the process I've
learnt a number of tricks about apt-get :-)

Now that Ximian is cooler towards the Debian distribution and packages
of GNOME 2 are delayed (or should I say "Debian support has been
dropped"?), I've removed the ximian.com repositories from my
sources.list and installed Evolution 1.4 and other GNOME 2 packages
straight from the unstable Debian repositories (some of them are already
in testing).

Easier maintenance, less conflicts. So far, so good.

--
Alessio Bragadini <alessio albourne com>
APL Financial Services (Overseas) Ltd