[Evolution] import into contacts

I have an excel spreadsheet that I need to import into evolution
contacts.

The first column (A) contains last name
Second column (B) contains first name
Third (C) contains email, if applicable
Fourth (D) contains phone number.

I don't know windows at all, never having used it, but i'm guessing
there is a way to import this into outlook - this spreadsheet is sent
out once a month to everyone in my Sunday School class - and almost all
of them are Windows users.

It looks like it might not be too difficult to save the spreadsheet as a
text file and then run a script to generate vcards - but I want to know,
since I *think* there is a way to import this type of thing into Windows
address book - if there is a way to import this into evolution w/o
needing to generate a bunch of vcards.

Thanks for any suggestions.

-=-
btw- even getting to this point was hard. The attachment kept showing up
for me as winmail.dat of a TNEF mime type. Finally figured that out and
got the maintainer of the spreadsheet to use plain text when sending -
but geez, why would outlook use a proprietary encoding on an e-mail
attachment anyway? Does MS think they own the web? Did they buy it from
Al Gore? ;)