Re: [Evolution] evolution taking 5+ minutes to shut down

I suggest filing a bug (bugzilla.ximian.com), well, after trying the
suggestion at the end of this text.

Curious, does X totally lock up, or just run like a pig?

Other info that will help (if you dont supply it we'll ask anyway :)

 - the CAMEL_VERBOSE_DEBUG=1 log as suggested by Ettore (run
"CAMEL_VERBISE_DEBUG=1 evolution-1.3" in a terminal)
 - run evolution-1.3 in gdb.  Do some stuff, and quit so that things
start going haywire.  ctrl-c in gdb (if you can't ... that could be a
problem, try running it from a virtual console perhaps), and run 'thread
apply all bt' - this will show what code is running.

syncing maildir folders should be almost instantaneous, so something's
getting screwed.  my guess is its the dreaded indexer-goes-nuts bug.  it
generates massive temporary files that then shrink back to normal size -
if it doesn't fill up the disk first.  could try rm'ing any *.ibex*
files in your folders, and restart.