Re: [Evolution] Unable to retrieve mail after upgrade to XD2

Hi,

I had the same problem, I've just restarted the system and it looks like it went away.

I'm on SuSE 8.2

Dave

On Tue, 2003-06-10 at 18:27, chammond cox net wrote:
I am having the same issue so if you locate the problem, leet me know.  I will be sure to do the same if I find something.

Thanks
Chris

> From: "Robert Devi" <g2devi hotmail com>
> Date: 2003/06/09 Mon PM 11:28:11 EDT
> To: evolution lists ximian com
> Subject: [Evolution] Unable to retrieve mail after upgrade to XD2
>
> I just upgraded my RedHat 9.0 to XD2. Unfortunately I'm now experiencing a
> problem with evolution.
>
> Previously, I used the version of evolution that came with RedHat (I believe
> evolution 1.2) and had no problems with it. After XD2 got installed, it
> upgraded evolution to 1.4. New new evolution appears to work correctly,
> except when I press the "Send/Recieve" button to update the mail. The "Send
> & Recieve Mail" dialog pops up as before, but it appears to hang when it
> tries to recieve mail from my POP account. If I press the "cancel" button,
> evolution crashes. I know my POP account isn't down at the moment since I
> was able to access it via Kmail. I also don't appear to have any problem
> sending mail to my SMTP account via the new evolution, so at least not
> everything is broken.
>
> I tried running evolution from the command line with the --debug option.
> This is what the log file says:
> =========================LOG FILE BEGINS==========================
> =========================LOG FILE BEGINS==========================
> =========================LOG FILE BEGINS==========================
> (evolution:3681): Bonobo-WARNING **: Could not find GNOME pixmap file
> /usr/share/pixmaps/help-chat-16.png
> warning: failed to load external entity
> "/home/rnd/evolution/config/storage-set-view-expanded:default"
>
> (evolution:3681): evolution-shell-CRITICAL **: file e-storage-set.c: line
> 639 (e_storage_set_get_folder): assertion `g_path_is_absolute (path)' failed
>
> (evolution:3681): Bonobo-WARNING **: Could not find GNOME pixmap file
> /usr/share/pixmaps/help-chat-16.png
>
> (evolution:3681): evolution-shell-CRITICAL **: file e-storage-set.c: line
> 639 (e_storage_set_get_folder): assertion `g_path_is_absolute (path)' failed
>
> (evolution:3681): camel-pop3-provider-WARNING **: Bad server response:
> DELE, LIST, NOOP, RETR, RSET, STAT, TOP, UIDL or QUIT
>
> ** Message: Galeon already running, using existing process
> =========================LOG FILE ENDS==========================
> =========================LOG FILE ENDS==========================
> =========================LOG FILE ENDS==========================
>
> Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this problem or diagnose it better?
>
> Thanks for any help
>
> --Robert

David Clack

Sun Microsystems
Senior Systems Engineer
Sun ONE OEM Software Sales

411 108th Ave. NE, Suite 600
Bellevue
WA
98004

Direct : 425-369-2090
Cell: 206-331-2529
Fax: 425-369-0502

David Clack Sun Com

+++ Sent from an Open Software only system ++++