Re: [Evolution] Busy Search

On Thu, 2003-06-05 at 15:35, Ronald Kuetemeier wrote:
On Thu, 2003-06-05 at 12:18, Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper wrote:
I've just got to ask....  Does anyone actually have this working???
This has been discussed on this list several times recently, and
everytime someone replies with "yeah, evo can do that...".

I'm running evo 1.2.4-1.1 (debian sid), and have tried to get evolution
to use F/B URL's for the last few months.  You can see the result of one
of a discussion on the list (ending with a post by Ettore) here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/evolution lists ximian com/msg01091.html

I guess I'm asking anyone to dispute the following statements:

- jIcal works wonderfully.   (I doubt I'll get any argument on this one)

Why on earth would you run a time scheduled service when evolution
publishes events.  Just listen in and write f/b when the calendar has
changed for the publishing time frame (just needs a little pgm).

riiiight.  when you write it, let me know.  =;)  better yet--when you
write it and it gets merged into evo proper, let me know.  =:P

meanwhile, someone has written a very nice translator that does the
trick quite nicely.  it's called jical.  =:)

- evolution can't actually use F/B URL's (I would LOVE to be proved
wrong on this one)
Sure it does. Just use CVS head or patch 1.2.4, see evolution-hackers
list. Just a minor problem with reading information from a server,
should work locally (file:///xxxx, is a url).

I'll wait until 1.4.0 then.

Ronald

TIA