[Evolution] Blew up my Evolution

(Redhat 9.0)

While trying to use Red-Carpet to upgrade from Evolution 1.2.2 to 1.4, my
PC locked up forcing a reboot.  After rebooting I was no longer able to run
Evo (I'd get a seg fault error).  I thought that I'd just do a clean reload
from my installation disk. I opened a terminal, logged in as root and did
an 'rpm -e evolution'.

Big mistake.

When I tried to reload Evo from my RH installation disk, it reports that it
needs the files libgpilotd.so.1, libgpilotdcm.so.1, and
libgpilotdconduit.so.1. I looked for gnome-pilot on the CD, but I don't see
it.  I tried to install gnome-pilot using a download from gnome.org, but it
needs gnomeConf.sh that is generated by gnome-libs install (gnome is
installed on the PC).

Help! how do I get Evolution re-installed?