[Evolution] Using IMAP with Novell Groupwise 6.5

Is anyone using Evolution 1.2.4 with Groupwise IMAP?  I have tried a
various versions of Evo with the latest GW (IMAP enabled on Post Office,
not GWIA) and have had the problem below.  I logged a support call with
Novell about this and they say that the code I have a problem with (in
the post office) will be replicated to the GWIA in the next release, so
I am a little concerned.  If I can't fix it then they suggested I ran
the Linux (java-based) GW client which I guess I may be able to get to
work on FreeBSD.

The problem is that on 30% or so of new emails, with no apparent
similarities, I get the error:

"xxxxx BAD UID Invalid parameter:"

when trying to read it.

The error will disappear in time for that message, usually a
"Send/Receive" makes it go away, sometimes just clicking randomly on
working emails and coming back to the problem one works.

I tried several packet traces, and a working BODY request looks
identical to one that does not work, so I don't think Evolution is
changing anything in the meantime.

The error is obviously coming from the server verbatim, but it doesn't
seem to occur with Outlook 2000/XP IMAP which some of my colleagues use
to the same server.

Anyone seen this before?

Cheers,
Tom