[Evolution] Name completion

I have just noticed some unusual behaviour in evolution.  (I am using RH 8.0 and Evo 1.4.3 obtained via red carpet)

When I am composing messages, the Name completion from contacts and from ldap usually work fine.  However sometimes when modifying a message , the name completion no longer works.  For example as I compose this message, the name completion works in this message.  A different message is also open however, in that message name completion does not work.  I have not been able to discover what the conditions are that cause this to happen.  The other message does have an attachment, but I have tested that on this message and that did not cause the name completion to fail here.  The other message is also from the Drafts folder stored on the server and accessed via IMAP.   I tried that as well on this message, again to no avail.  This is not the first time this has happened, but I can't seem to cause the same symptoms in this message.

Is there a way to force the lookup?  There is an button in LookOut to do this. (The icon is a head in profile with a red check mark).

Ian