[Evolution] Drafts folder heading shows strange character in place of "D"

Check out this screenshot:
http://www.nomeaning.net/temp/screenshot-evo_1.4_drafts.png

It doesn't happen with INBOX, or another folder I have called ANSWER,
but all the rest of my folders are named in lowercase.  I just created a
new folder called Dude, and it shows the same symptom.

Any ideas?  I have no trouble displaying the capital letter "D"
elsewhere in Evolution or any other app, but then again Evolution is not
respecting any GNOME 2 font settings for the text in question, or any on
that line afaict.

This seems really similar to the problem some people are reporting with
wrongly-encoded (or wrongly-decoded) messages which are getting
ISO8859-15 etc. mixed up with UTF-8.  Well, that is to say, the "0404"
character that shows up in place of "D" looks like the ones I myself
have seen in miscoded messages.  Then again, it could be a total
coincidence.

Eric

--
I have nothing against the American people...
...but it is time for a regime change