[Evolution] Drag folder to IMAP safe?

I'm switching systems, and currently running evolution 1.2.4 on Solaris
2.8.  My mail is in local stores in evolution's own format.

I'm migrating to an IMAP server.  With a tree view of folders on the
left pane, I see I can drag the folders around.  If I drag my local
folders into the IMAP folder, will this work?  "Work" has two parts:
1) create a new folder
2) copy the email into it.

I'd prefer to copy without deleting the original mail, and I'm not sure
how to do that either.  When I drag individual mail between folders, it
gets deleted from the source folder.

I gather from this list that IMAP support is bit iffy, and I don't even
know if the folder dragging is supposed to work.  I'd appreciate any
advice.

Thanks.

P.S. For evolution on the new system I'd use Debian's 1.4.3 version.
But I am hesitant to given the cautions about IMAP.  Any advice on
that?  The IMAP server is Cyrus 2.1, running locally.
--
Ross Boylan                                      wk:  (415) 502-4031
530 Parnassus Avenue (Library) rm 115-4          ross biostat ucsf edu