[Evolution] Exchange 2000 Reply-To slowness ?

(Apologies if this is a duplicate)

So my work IMAP server recently changed from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange
2000, and now there's an almost unbearable delay (a minute or two)
between when I hit 'Reply' and when the composer window pops up.  It
doesn't happen with 'New Message', just composing replies.  Nor does
there appear to be any significant slowdown in opening mail messages
in general.  I suspected it might be contact related, but I turned off
as much uh..  "contact-ing" and it didn't appear to make any
difference.

This is with Evolution 1.4.3 on a RH7.3 system talking to something
that claims to be:
Microsoft Exchange 2000 IMAP4rev1 server version 6.0.6249.0

Everything else seems fine...

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to either fix or track down
the problem ?

        Thanks,

        John A.