Re: [Evolution] Contacts runs like treacle

I have been following this thread and must admit I am a bit confused. I see maybe 3 to 4 second delay when I first open the contact list and I see similar delays when opening a particular letter. In addressing e-mail via the To: button, I see virtually no delay from the time of selecting a name until it shows up in the e-mail header, and I can select names as fast as I can click them.

I am running Evo 1.4.3 on a 900Mhz P3 laptop with 1Gb of memory, RH Linux 9. I connect to an Exchange server so most of my addresses and contacts  are accessed via LDAP from Exchange through a cable modem via VPN. I wonder what is causing the performance differences between my machine and those of at least some Evo users?

Frank