[Evolution] SERIOUS bug in 1.2.x, 1.4.x

Hello!

This bug is present in 1.2.3, 1.4.0 and 1.4.3 (I have personally
verified it, except with 1.4.0, where I have seen reports from others).

Here is a detailed description of the buggy behavior:

On sending a created message (whether it's a reply or not does not
matter) or saving it as draft;

IF the subject line consists entirely (or, sometimes, *almost* entirely)
of 8-bit characters (koi8-r in my case),

AND if a word longer than 11 or 12 characters is present, and is not the
first word:

This word gets "duplucated" almost completely. Was "abcdefghijkl",
becomes something like "abcdefghijkabcdefghijkl" (I use 7bit chars here
for demonstration purposes only - the actual words consist of 8bit
chars).

This is a bug that significantly hampers usage of Evo in a Cyrillic
environment. 9I stick to it because it's a great product, but have to
watch my subject lines).

The bug stays unfixed for several versions now. What should I do? Enter
it into Bugzilla? Get the sources and try to patch them? (If so - 1.2 or
1.4 sources? and into which files should I look?)

Sincerely yours, Mikhail Ramendik
Moscow, Russia