Re: [Evolution] Pipe a message to a file

On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 15:20, guenther wrote:
Is there any easy to pipe a message to a file?  In elm you just do '|'
and then the name of the command - I've recently moved from elm to Evo
and I set up some things that relied on this functionality, I'm getting
sick of firing up elm just to do this so I want to check I'm not missing
something before I re-write things!  It's not something I want to
automate as I would like to vet things before I do the pipe.

How does Tools / Filters sound to you? ;)

You can pipe the message to a shell command in the if-clause (to check
the return value) or as action (then).

I'm using filters already for some things and it was my impression that
the filtering was completely automatic - I want to look at the message
before doing the pipe.  Think of it as moderating the command before I
execute it!

Or is there some way to tell a particular filter to be non-automatic and
only act when you, e.g., press ^Y?

Pete