[Evolution] change color of current day in calendar?

I'm running Evolution 1.2.2 under Redhat Linux v9.

In the calendar the day number for the current day is shown in red. I
find this is insufficient for me to easily find the current day,
especially when scrolling through the calendar.

Is it possible to change the config so that the whole box for the
current day is some other color than white, like bright green? I could
not figure out how to view the X resources being used by Evolution so
I could add an entry to .Xdefaults or how to do this via the Settings
menu.

Cheers and thanks,
patrick

--