Re: [Evolution] removing palm data

On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 15:40, mail_acct wrote:
On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 23:36, Not Zed wrote:
Easiest way would be to build evolution yourself and disable any pilot
stuff.  I think most packages you can get would have this stuff
built-in/part of the package dependencies and thus it can't be removed.

Define "easiest" :->

Well its easiest for me ... :)

Do you know of a way to satisfy libpisock* with /usr/local/lib w/o
compiling source (and not linking from /usr/lib)?  Is there some 'trick'
I can use to tell Evo to use my compiled libs instead (if revs are
compatible)?

Just using LD_LIBRARY_PATH or setting up /etc/ld.so.conf appropriately
and running ldconfig (as root) should normally do it, if you can get the
right versions.

I doubt packages are using linker options to hardcode library locations.

Do you know how I can remove the tasks/appts/addrs that ended up in
Summary after a test sync (man I wish I hadn't done that)?  I do not
want to use Evo for syncing.

I already deleted ~/.gnome_pilot/ but the tasks/appts/addrs are still
all over Summary (included alarm'd appts popping up and my Contacts
overflowing with phone numbers I don't want in there!).  There are a ton
so I hope the answer isn't doing a caveman "del one at a time".

I presume by summary you mean in evolution?

You can/should be able to do a shift-select and delete a whole bunch at
a time.

I see there's Calendar and Contacts (addr*db) dirs with pilot* files
that I could possibly delete, but like I said, before I make a huge mess
I want to see if there's a correct way to undo this...

Well you could delete all of your evolution stuff by removing the .db
files in the appropriate calendar location under ~/evolution (it has to
be not-running first).  Touching pilot stuff/stuff outside evolution's
data directories isn't going to have any effect on evolution.