RE: [Evolution] Evolution 2.0 UI proposal

On Fri, 2003-07-11 at 23:06, Marlin Borsick wrote:
I guess I am in that minority that uses the tree view and the shortcut
bar extensively. I find using Evo for reading mail lists is an

I use both a lot myself but I think the new design would work for me
also.

outstanding tool. As I have mail being automatically sorted via Exchange
server-side rules to different folders, some folders have a shortcut and
others I reach via the tree folder view (if the mail volume gets large
enough <G>).

With regards to the summary view, I do find it somewhat useful. I like
the idea of weather access in that I am looking at five or six different
locations for weather. The summary view handles this nicely. I also like
the RSS feeds included here as I get a quick overview of news that I am
interested in. However, when looking at what is going on locally
(Exchange server) frankly all I am interested in is calendar events for
today and perhaps the next, and the tasks that need to get done. Lists
of how much mail is in the Inbox and other folders isn't important to me
(I get over 500 per day), so that is pretty much wasted space.

I would also hate to see the Summary page go as I rely on it to get a
quick look at what I have on my Calendar and Todo list. Going to the
Calendar page it is just not as easy to pick out what you have going on
for the next few days. Although its functional for adding/editing there
is just too much going on there to pick up in a few seconds the
important stuff as I run out the door in the morning.

 If you do take out the Summary page could you please consider a summary
for the Calendar/Todo or maybe a redesign of the Calendar page. Or just
a new View that is more like a summary of your current Calendar/Todo
items?
--
Stephen Witkop <switk yahoo com>