Re: [Evolution-hackers] Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.0 UI proposal

On Fri, 2003-07-11 at 14:58, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
On Fri, 2003-07-11 at 15:42, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
I was thinking the panel notification area might be also a good way to
display the alarm notifications.

What do people think about this?

I also think we should be using the notification area for alarms.

The notification area is much better than alarm dialogs since it doesn't
interrupt whatever activity you are performing at the time when the
alarm fires up.

-- Ettore

I would agree with that as long as there is an option to have both a
visual (ie. blinking bell icon in the notification area) and a user
definable auditory alarm (ie. WAV file) to ensure that your attention is
acquired.  If you are busy and intently working on something, the lack
of a clear "signal" could result in your missing the notification area
alert in lieu of a dialog.

Marc