[Evolution] evolution 1.4.3 spell check question

I've looked at the FAQ, checked the manual, and done the normal things that people do to try to configure a piece of software. Still, no spell checker.

My problem is that when I look at Composer Preferences, Spell Checking tab, I have an empty box. Nothing to enable.

I'm running RH 8.0 and just ran up2date today (11-Jul-2003). I also ran red-carpet to upgrade to 1.4.3 today.

I did have spell check running under evolution 1.2.x, but lost it when I upgraded to 1.4.0. I submitted a bug which the developers verified, but was a duplicate. So I know that this happens, but I can't get an update on the bug because my bug report was dropped as a duplicate and I can't find the original.

So... either it has been fixed and I've got a config. problem, or it is still broken and I'm just chasing my tail (good dog!). Someone sell me a clue???