Re: [Evolution] 1.4 Starting VERY slow with SSL/IMAP

Let me give the entire setup so I don't leave anything out:

Server:
FreeBSD-Stable (4.8)
UW-IMAP 2002(a) SSL/Cleartext passwords
IMAP folders = ~/mail/
UNIX format (flatfiles)
Celeron 850 + 768MB of RAM
100Mbit

Client:
Gentoo-stable (except for Evo and a couple of other userland apps)
Evo 1.4 (from the masked ebuild in portage)
Setup to connect forced SSL
Evo has the password
Athlon-XP 2.0GHz + 512MB RAM
100Mbit

The mail account in question has about ~360MB of mail in it, mostly under
~/mail/Archives.

Evolution takes around 60seconds from launch to become usable.  Kmail takes
~5-10seconds on the same account, server, etc.

I will add that there are a few other files in the /mail/ directory due to my usage of
OpenWebMail as my prmary mail client at this time.  Those files are .db's, etc. (don't
imagine they are a problem, but including their existence for completeness)

On 09 Jul 2003 16:43:28 +0930, Not Zed wrote
what make/version of imap server?