[Evolution] 1.4 Starting VERY slow with SSL/IMAP

Hello,

I have searched the archives and can't seem to find anything on this problem.  I am running
Evolution 1.4 on Gentoo-stable (all stable but Evolution and a couple of other userland apps).  I
am running against a FreeBSD-Stable server which is running SSL/IMAP on 993.  Evolution
takes around 60seconds to start up and enter my account on this server.  I have checked it
via Kmail and it enters the same account in ~5-10seconds so it appears that it isn't a simple
server issue.

I'd love to use Evolution as my primary groupware client, however, the slow refresh/startup is
killing me.

-Rob