Re: [Evolution] 1.4 Starting VERY slow with SSL/IMAP

Three observations:

1) First-time startup of a new IMAP account can take an unusually long
time in Evolution; this is primarily due to indexing mail in order to
allow subsequent searches to be fast.  The first time Evolution is used
with a given IMAP account will subsequently be unusually slow, but it's
not representative of how it will work in subsequent sessions.  I'm not
sure this explains the problem you're seeing, but it's worth mentioning.

2) I also take about a minute to get fully updated over remote IMAP.
Given that I have in excess of 60,000 messages and a large volume, I'm
not convinced that's unreasonable in my case. YMMV.

3) An IMAP rewrite is planned for 1.6 that should address a number of
problems in the current version, and I suspect that certain performance
issues are included.

-Mark Gordon