[Evolution] Invisible Appointments - Gpilotd Crash

Mandrake 9.1
Evolution 1.4

Calendar - Invisible Events
When adding calendar events by either typing it directly on the time, or
creating a new event, frequently, those events will not appear in the
calendar, but do appear on my Handspring Visor after synchronizing.  The
events appear recorded in the calendar because the event alarms appear
at the appropriate time, even though the event does not appear.  Those
events added using Shift-Ctrl-A, are confirmed as public events.  I
added several events for July 2, and eight appear in my Visor, but only
one appears on my calendar.

An item that previously appeared, disappeared after attempting and a
gpilotd synchronization crash.

GPILOTD Crash
When synchronizing with all conduits except calendar (including MAL),
the synchronization works.  When synchronizing calendar alone, the items
on the desktop will transfer to the Visor, and those on the Visor do not
appear on the desktop, but the alarms for the events appear at the
appropriate time.

When synchronizing the calendar, and two or more conduits, Gpilotd
crashes.  "Application 'gpilotd' (process 2111) has crashed due to a
fatal error.
(Segmentation fault)."
I filed a bug report for this issue.

Any simple suggestions to fix these two issues?

Sincerely,
Walt