[Evolution] Using Treo with Evolution

I have been able to successfully synchronize Evolution with Handspring Treo 90. It took a bit but this is
what you have to do. I am using RedHat 8.0.

1. Get a Treo serial cable. Alias /dev/ttyS0 to /dev/pilot (if you connect it to COM1).

2. Get latest evolution, evolution-pilot packages from RedCarpet

3. Download the latest gnome-pilot. I downloaded the source RPM for gnome-pilot version 0.1.71 from somewhere
and built the RPM myself. However looking now on RPMFind there is

ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/rawhide/1.0/i386/RedHat/RPMS/gnome-pilot-0.1.71-1.i386.rpm

which should work.

4. Configure Pilot settings in Evolution.

5. You may have to send ID to Pilot otherwise it may complain about ID on device being different than the
identified ID.

Now if I could only figure out how to make sure gpilotd is on all the time. Any time there is a change in
Pilot conduits it seems to shut down.

Also MemoPad sync doesn't work properly. For some reason renaming the ~/.Mypilot/memos directory to memos.old
fails.

Vladimir

Want a new web-based email account ? ---> http://www.firstlinux.net

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you yourchoice com w/No Ads, 6MB, POP & more!
http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag