Re: [Evolution] POP3 download error

What probably happened was that you have Evolution configured to keep
old messages on the server and so while there may have been 100
messages, only 4 of them were new (in that evolution had never seen them
before), so it only downloaded those 4.

if Evolution *did* delete them from the pop server, then perhaps you
used to have it configured to keep-on-server and then turned that option
off, at which point evolution would have downloaded the enw messages and
then deleted all of them (that's what you wanted after all).

Jeff