[Evolution] LDAP Authentication by E-Mail Address

I have a working LDAP server which can be queried by Evolution when
authenticating with a DN. Assuming this is an ACL problem, what other
ACLs would I need to allow authenticating by email address?

#
# Allow access to the Admin record only to the Admin
#

access to dn="cn=Admin,dc=sr,dc=unh,dc=edu"
        by self write
        by * none

access to dn="dc=sr,dc=unh,dc=edu"
        by anonymous auth
        by self write
        by dn="cn=Admin,dc=sr,dc=unh,dc=edu" write
        by users read
        by * none

In trying to debug what's going on, it seems evolution is searching
objectClass and entry but I'm not familiar enough with LDAP to know
what's going on.

Thanks,

tjb
| Thomas Baker                                  email: tjb unh edu    |