Re: [Evolution] Can't switch to mail folders

On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 14:36, guenther wrote:
cheers();

Sometimes, I am a person of awesome stupidity. I changed my uid while
I was logged in with all kinds of applications running, and now I
can't switch to any of my mail folders. (Actually, it's amazing that
just evolution got screwed up.) I can open my contacts and calendar,
but when I click on a mail folder name, the highlight bounces back to
Contacts. Is there anything I can do about this, or do I have to wipe
out my whole ~/evolution/ tree and start over?

You changed your uid? So you are right now logged in with the *new* uid?

I suggest the following:

- log out
- as root run:
  % chmod -R user.group /home/user/

That sets the uid (and gid) to your new ones.

I did that, but while I was logged in under my old uid. :-(

After that, ensure there are all other files of your <user> changed,
too. You should remove all files/dirs in /tmp/ that belongs to the old
uid.

Right! I had forgotten about those files in /tmp. I chown'ed all the
files owned by 1000 to my new uid and now things are fine. Thanks VERY
much for saving my day.

--
Stuart Luppescu -=- s-luppescu uchicago edu
University of Chicago -=- CCSR