[Evolution] Difficulty in replying to email lists

When replying to email lists, selecting 'reply' or 'reply to all' only
seems to present a small portion of the messages in the email. For
example, if I hit 'reply'/'reply to all' for this list and there are -
say- 10 messages in a particular email, I might only find that the reply
shows the first 3 of those. This makes it really difficult to respond to
list messages in digest form where the specific message I'm wanting to
reply to is number 7 or 8. I am reluctant to change my preferences
because some of the lists I subscribe to are quite prolific and my POP3
server would be inundated.
Any ideas?

Thanx
AmF