[Evolution] smtp/ssl

Greetings,

As I had been asked to set up a new mail-server, I also took the time at
looking at a new mail-client; and so that's why I have been 'playing
around' with evolution for a couple of days now.

One of the things I would like to ask is this:

Evolution has the possibity to use TSL (SSL) for both IMAP and SMTP; but
I have problems with sendmail mail over a TSL link.

When I set up 'TSL/SSL' in the SMTP-configuration module, the TSL seams
to fail. (I actually get this:

       ossmail1.sunmail.belbone.net. (8.12.7/8.12.2) with ESMTP id
h0MDXft5008821
       (version=TLSv1/SSLv3 cipher=RC4-MD5 bits=128 verify=NO) for
       <kristoff belbone net>; Wed, 22 Jan 2003 14:33:41 +0100 (CET)

(Note the 'verify=NO').

It looks like there seams to a a TSL-problem between evolution (on the
mail-client, a mandrake 8.0 linux-box) and sendmail (on the mail-server,
a solaris 9).

One of the posibilities is that the problem could be related to related
to the X.509 certificates used by openssl.
I have installed the certificates of the server and the CA in the
'cert7.db' and 'keys3.db' on the client-side (using 'certutil' from
mozilla).
But how do I configure or know what key the client will use to set up a
SMTP/TSL connection to the server?

Another possibility (which would actually be easier) is to imap/imaps to
post messages (in-stead of smtp/smtps). In that case, I could use the
existing IMAPs session. (which seams to be approuch taken by (e.g.) the
mozilla mail-client).
Is this possible in evolution?

Cheerio! Kr. Bonne.