Re: [Evolution] Spam Filter -- I need volunteers

On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 14:10, Ian Watkinson wrote:
On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 17:22, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:
On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 17:20, Marco Tabini wrote:
snip
For those who can easily install software on the computer receiving
their mail: use procmail and spamassassin and bogofilter (both are free
Software).

My setup:

 - mail comes in
 - mail goes through bogofilter
 - mail goes through spamassassin
     a spamassassin rule gives a score if bogofilter said it's spam.
 - mail goes through bogofilter in learning mode
     trains bogofilter according to the opinion of spamassassin
 - mail goes through procmail filtering, sorting mail into folders.

spamassassin 2.5 will make bogofilter obsolete, I hope.

cheers
-- vbi

Any pointers on how you setup Evo to look at your mail folders, or more
specifically, how I can go from "default" to this setup?

Best if you let it check incoming mail *as it is coming into the inbox*.

First make sure the spamassassin daemon is running.  Called spamc.
Next create a filter in Evo.  Mine is

Pipe Message to Shell Command | /usr/bin/spamc -c | returns | 1
Then
Move to Folder | "Spam" in Local folders

That's it.

Read two manpages spamassassin and Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf.

Edit and use ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs.

Thanks in advance.

No problem
--
Arthur S. Alexion <arthur alexion com>