Re: [Evolution] Is virus protection required?

On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 17:47, Bill Hartwell wrote:
On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 08:50, rfoster columco com wrote:
I go through every so often and run RAV on my system

Is this a default package with most installations?

Nope. RAV is available from GeCAD The Software Company, at
http://www.ravantivirus.com - it's not free, but I'm not sure what
anti-virus programs for Linux are. Maybe I'm not looking in the right
places, but I haven't found any free ones yet.

My understanding is that anti-virus programs that run under Linux are
meant to scan for MS-threatening viruses in mail which may eventually be
intended for delivery to a windows machine.  I know of no anti-virus
programs per se available to detect and correct Linux targeted viruses
--
Arthur S. Alexion <arthur alexion com>
Arthur S. Alexion LLC