Re: [Evolution] Spell Check Component Fails to start

Le ven 10/01/2003 à 20:44, Mark Gordon a écrit :
On Fri, 2003-01-10 at 12:53, Yves Bajard wrote:

No, working in Konsole (in root), I typed the first command suggested by
Rick:
 # rpm -qa ! grep spell

And here is the answer I got:
aspell-da-1.4.22-2
gnome-spell-o.5-1.ximian.3
aspell-devel-0.33.7.1-9
aspell-en-ca-0.33.7.1-9
aspell-es-0.2.8
aspell-fr.1-1
pspell-0.12.2-8
pspell-devel-0.12.2-8

My scant understanding of Linux is that:
 -qa in the command means question and answer

-qa is the same as -q -a, which is the same as --query --all.  It lists
all the packages you have installed.  Piping through grep allows you to
perform regular expressions on the output, e.g. list all installed
packages that have the "spell" string in them.

 grep may means go and fetch data

g/re/p, Globally search for Regular Expression and Print.  ed(1) syntax,
very old.

Am I understanding this correctly?

It comes out the same.

In the answer, I understand that I have in my filesystem (how do I find
where they are?)

e.g.:
rpm -ql aspell-en-ca

, aspell files (are they programs or data?)for Danish,
Spanish, Canadian English, and French, which are my four operating
languages. I do not have the American English aspell and my various
dictionaries or spell check programs are of different ages (if I read
their numbering OK).

On Red Hat, there is no separate aspell-en package; what would be its
contents are in the regular aspell package.  Other distros (e.g. a
certain French one and a certain German one) have aspell-en packages,
which makes sense for French and German distros.

Well, we were probably visionary : aspell 0.50.3 is now shipped with
english directonary in a separate tarball :))

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandrakesoft com>
MandrakeSoft