Re: [Evolution] Looking for info on why all viewed mail from an imap server is also stored in a local file

On Fri, 2003-01-10 at 20:42, Tony Earnshaw wrote:
tor, 2003-01-09 kl. 22:07 skrev Jeffrey Stedfast:

Is this required/expected behaviour of Evolution?

yes, that is the imap message cache

(you are free to rm -rf anything in there if you want, though it'd be
better to not rm -f the summary file or evolution will have to do a
massive re-FETCH of the message headers again - the other files are safe
to delete without any repercussions except that it might take longer to
load that message in the viewer the next time you open it since we will
have to download it instead of reading from the cache, obviously).

Actually, I'd like to do things the other way around - to be able to
sync the IMAP files on the server to my notebook, so that they're there
to read if i disconnect from the network.

Is that possible in one operation? I haven't found such.The IMAP summary
setting doesn't sync, merely reports.

Yes, in evolution 1.2 you goto settings and select the folders in
'offline folders', and then go offline (the =<||>= icon bottom-left of
the main window), and it will sync those folders unread messages.

And yes, the "cache" is also used as the local store for offline mode.