Re: [Evolution] Signature file

On Thu, 2003-01-09 at 23:24, Bill Hartwell wrote:

You have the same problem I have, and the answer I got when I put in a
feature request at bugzilla.ximian.com is that "Management" has decreed
that Evolution will not support reading text .signature files.

Personally, I think it sucks, because it means that I cannot use my
preferred signature file, and have to settle for either the
autogenerated signature or the html-only internal or script signatures.

This does suck. I logged a bug against Evo 0.9 as the file selector for
sigs did not allow dotfiles to be selected. Now they don't allow any
file to be selected!

However, if script signatures are allowed. how about:

"cat $HOME/.signature"?

Ahh - just tried this - looks like you cannot set a script sig to be the
default, and it does not honour carriage returns - presumably because it
is interpreting the sig as HTML.

cat $HOME/.signature | sed -e 's/$/\<br\>/'

is getting there....

On the other hand, I have slightly higher priorities than the program
not allowing me to use my preferred signature file - like when (if) the
program will ever get around to allowing for setting specific user IDs
in association with specific addresses, as someone else mentioned.
--
Ben Stringer <ben burbong com>