Re: [Evolution] Signature file

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 13:08, guenther wrote:
cheers();

I have my email configuration set to read my .signature file.
Only, I keep getting the signature below.
How do I set things up to actually read my ~/.signature file?

Looks like the 'Autogenerated' signature...

You can add/edit signatures with (Evo 1.2.1)
 Tools / Settings / Composer Preferences / Signatures

Signatures are stored in ~/evolution/signatures/ and numbered.

If you want to use your ~/.signature file:
- create an empty signature
- remove that signature-<n> file in Evo signature dir
- make a symlink like from signature-<n> to ~/.signature

Thanks. This trick works very nicely. Too bad the folks who responded to
my wishlist entry didn't mention it. Would have saved me a lot of
cursing.

My signature below is an example of the .signature file I use - the
quote is generated by a perl script, and is saved in the .signature file
for use in both email and news readers. As long as I remember to set the
format to "Normal" instead of "Preformatted", it even wraps properly.

--
All private email sent with PGP encryption. Email for key.
Homepage: http://www.macmanusnet.net/