Re: [Evolution] Forced Line Wrap on Received Messages

Yes, I am talking about viewing messages with long lines.

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 16:48, Eric Lambart wrote:
Ah yes, but that's different.  I was under the impression that the
original poster was referring to problems /viewing/ the message.  Just a
little while ago, I myself replied to a message (mis?)formatted as you
describe.  It looked fine in the preview pane and separate message
window, but upon reply each paragraph became a single loooong line.

I also wish this was handled automatically by Evolution, but there is a
very simple (thanks to Evolution) solution to this problem, that works
extremely well:

First, open a reply window to the message.

Then, if you are one of those people who actually likes the
inconvenience of using a mouse (wink), move the cursor to each offending
line/paragraph in turn, and click the message formatting toolbar where
it says "Preformat".  Change that setting to "Normal" and voila!
Evolution not only wraps the whole paragraph properly, but also inserts
the ">" quoting character before each line.  Lovely.

If you prefer to do things more quickly, just cursor down to each
paragraph and press Ctrl-0 (ZERO on the top of the keyboard).  Same
effect.

You could also probably select the whole message (Ctrl-A or Edit->Select
All), and then change the style in one fell swoop, but that may change
something you'd rather leave as-is.

HTH
Eric

P.S.  By the way, all of the keyboard shortcuts for paragraph style are
(rather mysteriously, since they include things that can't rightly be
called headings) listed in the message compose window, under
Format->Heading.