Re: [Evolution] Wish: Important Messages Protected

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 08:31, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 08:34, Lane P. Lester wrote:
If a message is important to you and you toggle the Important flag, it
would be very nice if that protected the message from being deleted
until the Important flag is taken off. This would allow you to look at
a bunch of messages in a folder, mark some for later consideration,
Select All, and then delete the unimportant ones.

Hm, wouldn't this behavior be confusing?  I don't think I have ever seen
any app where a "Move to Trash" operation on an object gets silently
ignored in virtue of a flag on the object...

I actually think it's a really neat concept, but should involve a
confirmation dialog (Delete messages marked "Important"? [ ] do not show
this message again).

I mean really, if Evolution is never going to implement the apparently
RFC-less but nevertheless fairly universal X-Priority tags, you might as
well diverge even further from the "standards" that people are used to.

Personally, I'd prefer support for X-Priority (if I recall the tag
correctly), in which case implementing Lane's idea might not work so
well (since of course people receive plenty of messages marked
"important" which are important only to DELETE).

So perhaps it could be used for messages flagged for follow-up but which
haven't been marked finished; don't delete them without a confirmation.
FAIK, this could already be done, as I almost never use follow-up flags
(not convenient, too many clicks).

Eric

--
I have nothing against the American people...
...but it is time for a regime change