Re: [Evolution] Lost My Calendar

Lane P. Lester said:

After using the Calendar successfully for several weeks, now when I run
Evolution, it says it can't open .../calendar.ics, so all my entries are
gone. I dual boot two distros on this machine, and I have them share
/opt. I put the evolution directory in /opt, and I symlinked that
directory to the user's home directory. There did not seem to be any
problems, and the Calendar was displaying properly.

Any idea what happened to calendar.ics?

I had exactly the same thing happen to me a couple days ago. The file
itself did not appear to be corrupted--I could read it just fine, and
didn't see anything that looked unusual. I do not share the installation
with any other OS, and Evo is on a box that's always online. It just all
of a sudden quit working.

I ended up running killev, renaming the calendar.ics file, and restarting
Evolution. This created a new, empty calendar file, and I was able to
recover my calendar from my Palm (though this didn't work until I had a
clean calendar.ics file).

I'd be interested in an explanation, myself...

Cheers,
John Locke
Owner, Freelock, LLC
http://www.freelock.com