Re: [Evolution] Script-generated sigs

On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 00:15, David McNab wrote:
On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 11:43, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
I just realise this as well - after I upgraded to 1.2.1 I really didn't
look around much - just was grateful that my mail was alive and kicking
- and being that I already created a script to generate my "personal"
sigs, this is even better for my clients!

Now if I can just figure out how to change the quoting strings to
something more personal - any insight?

Cheers!

Here's my Python script, which reads a file of quotes (one quote per line),
and randomly selects one. Note that Evolution needs '<br>' tags for line breaks.

Ah. Hmmm. And the linewrapping id not as I wish it was, too. Well, back
to generating .signature file from cronjob.

Personally, I use the 'signify' program (packaged in Debian) to generate
my signature from a number of sources: featured link/product (like
below), standard fortune cookies and fortune with a personal database.

signify also has nice formatting capabilities for multi-column
signatures, and you can influence the probability distribution of the
random generator. Very neat program. No, I've not written it.

For reference:
-------
$ cat .signify
% { weight=1.5